Thursday, July 18, 2019

215 N Chautauqua  -  Courthouse

Sedan, KS 67361

The Chautauqua County Treasurer's Office staff can renew current Kansas drivers licenses and IDs as long as the DL is NOT a CDL, a Conceal Carry, or not a registered offender.

Please bring the following items in with you when renewing your drivers license or photo ID: Current DL or ID, Social Security Card, and a proof of residency from the following list:

        • Kansas DL or ID renewal postcard
        • Current Kansas vehicle registration or title
        • Utility bill or equivalent no more than two months old
        • Financial institution such as a bank statement, deed or mortgage
        • Rent or lease agreement
        • Kansas Voter Registration Card
        • Current auto, life or homeowners insurance bill with applicant’s name and address
        • Current educational transcript/school grade card
        • Current professional license by a U.S. agency
        • Current W-2 or 1099
        • Mail from a federal, state, county or city agency
        • Department of Corrections Certificate of Identification

Hours - T-F  8:00 am - 4:00 pm

If you have a CDL, a conceal carry license, or are a registered offender, you will need to go to a full service station.  The two closest full service stations are located:

Independence, KS - 200 Arco Place Ste 119 - 620-331-8202

Hours - T-F  7 am to 5:45 pm

Strother Field - 4th & D Street - 620-221-7793

Hours - T-F 7 am to 5:45 pm


Out-of-state drivers license holders must go to a full service exam station to acquire a Kansas drivers license.

Full Service Driver's license offices in Kansas are closed on Mondays.


To Change your address on your non-CDL drivers license or ID, click on the following link.

For general Drivers license information, please visit the KS Dept of Revenue website link.

To inquire about the Real ID Act, please visit the following link.